Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
This weeks topic is Top Ten Books I Would Love To See As A Movie/TV Show. And believe me, I have a lot of them, but here are my top ten:
1. The Mediator Series by Meg Cabot: Everyone needs to know how much I love this series. How awesome would it be to see Suze being her usual badass self in movie form?
2. This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen: Oh how I need to see Dexter and Remy come to life on the big screen! I could totally see this book being turned into a really great indie movie, just like The Perks of Being a Wallflower.
3. The Gallagher Girls Series by Ally Carter: I’ve always thought that this series would make amazing movies, or even television. The series has recently been optioned for film, so fingers crossed!
4. Legend by Marie Lu: The epic action in this book would look fantastic on the big screen! I hear that this, too, has been optioned for film.
5. The Flappers Series by Jillian Larkin: 1920s Chicago flapper scene on the big screen? Yes please! This series would stand out so much from all the other YA film adaptations. It would even make an amazing TV series.
6. Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys: This is such an important, yet ignored part of history that I think should definitely be adapted to film.
7. The Future of Us by Jay Asher and Carolyn Mackler: Okay, if this was to be turned into a movie, I would be thrilled! This book is so unique and I think a movie adaption would be really successful!
8. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins: This is one of the best contemporary romance books I’ve read in a long time and I think that it would be a really good movie if done well.
9. The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith: Again, this is another great contemporary romance that I think would be a cute and quirky film.
10. Dash and Lily’s Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan: How often do we see a YA Christmas book adapted to film? Yeah, never. This is a fantastic seasonal story that would make an amazing Christmas movie!
So, they’re my picks. If there are any books in that list that you haven’t yet read, go do it because they’re all fabulous!